Monday, October 7, 2013

New Week, New area, New companion, New experiences. Sister Kiana Lindmeir

Hello Team Sister Lindmeir,
 
Guess what!... There has been lots of change in the mission and there are 4 new Zones in our mission! It is crazy! I am no longer in Rolling Valley! Crazy, huh? Actually it is really exciting because now I am in the Colonial First YSA Ward in Alexandria, VA, in the Arlington Zone! So yes, I am in a Young Single Adult Ward and it is so different, but I love it!
 
My companion is Sister Clegg and I am finishing training her! She is from Oregon and is 22 years old. She graduated from BYU with a degree in English. She is so great to be around and has a wonderful spirit!
 
I am in an apartment with another set of Sisters, but there is plenty of room for all of us! Our ward covers a huge area, but we mostly stay close by. Which is pretty much in DC :). We do a lot of walking and talking! I feel like I am in a different mission, but I love it! I especially enjoy walking through the cute neigborhoods that have really old houses.
 
So all our investigators are chinese. Is'nt that funny? They are all here for school and are very smart!!! They are just so willing to lesson and learn. The members in our ward really take care of our investigators too and become their friends! I did'nt know they were chinese at first because all their names are "Bridget, Stephanie, Jenny, etc". Haha, I later learned that they choose American names from American TV Shows haha!
 
Our Ward is full of a lot of Smart people with very successful careers. It can be kind of intimidating, but it is really neat! They are all so genuine and very willing to serve the Lord in anyway way they can!
 
There is so much work to be done here. It gives me such a desire to work, work, work! Especially after that amazing Conference Session! Wow, that was so great! I loved Elder Nelson's Talk when he said:  “The Lord’s way is the only way for us to experience enduring happiness.”
 
I hope and pray that each of you will choose the Lord's way. I love you all!
 
Love, Sister Kiana Lindmeir
 
PS. Remember "We are all on the Lord's Team"

No comments:

Post a Comment