Monday, October 21, 2013

I love CHINESE people!!!!

Hello Team Sister Lindmeir!
Not much has happened since last Wednesday when I wrote you, but there are a couple things worth sharing. They are things that I love about Chinese People :)
First, They actually show up to scheduled appointments! We got two new great investigators this week.  They are both students from China but speak great Chinese! We met ? last week just walking in his apartment. We talked to him and set up an appointment to meet with him. And I love Chinese people because they actually show up to their appointments (I am not used to this). But when he came for the appointment, he brought his friend, and we taught them the Restoration. It went so well, and as we talked about the priesthood authority, He said "Where can I find that authority?!" They are both so "hungry" for the truth.

Second, Chinese people have great nicknames! Almost all our investigators are Chinese, but they choose American names or choose nicknames. They trying to come up with a good English name, so his name will probably change soon. Our other investigators are Brooke, Annabel, Bridget, Justin, Liam, Karen, Stephanie; all of which were chosen from their favorite American TV Show, movie, etc. Ha it is great!
Third, Chinese people don't understand sarcasm. We were talking to ? about American jokes and if Chinese people understand them. She said no and she especially does not understand sarcasm. She then said "Chinese people don't use sarcasm, they usually try to be polite". WOW, I couldn't stop laughing. It taught me a good lesson to be more aware of sarcasm; no only on my mission, but afterward as well!
 I loved President Monson's Talk from Conference when he said:
"The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? Some do falter as they find themselves unable to rise above their challenges. To finish involves enduring to the very end of life itself."
I now encourages you to ask yourself this question: "Shall I falter, or shall I finish?". I hope and pray that each of you will choose to "finish". President Monson continued to say
"Only the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain, and our suffering. He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity. He alone touches our tortured souls with His comforting words:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”9
Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has promised that this will never change...
May we ever strive to be close to our Heavenly Father. To do so, we must pray to Him and listen to Him every day. We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain. May His promise ever be our watchword: “I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”10
I know that what President Monson has said is true! Put it to the test. Pray to our Heavenly Father and he will never leave you!!!
I love you all so much!!!!
Love Sister Kiana Lindmeir


No comments:

Post a Comment