Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Hello Team,

This week was so wonderful and so full of miracles!!!!! I have been looking forward to telling you all about my exciting adventures this week! Here is the greatest:
  • We are starting online proselyting next transfer! Which means I will be using my same  facebook account and using facebook as a way to bring people closer to Jesus Christ! We will also be getting I pads and I Phones to help with the work. I don't know all the details now, but I do know that I will have the opportunity to teach people from home too :). I am sooooooooo excited!!!!
  • We taught our first ESL class this week! Our Ward missionaries have put it together and we do it every Wednesday night. We spend the last half hour teaching them a Gospel Principle (this is optional for them). We only had one person come, but that is because we did not start handing out flyers. Eventually, I think there will be a lot of people that come!
  • We have the GREATEST investigators ever!!!! Especially our investigator, Star!!! If you watched the video then you know a little about him. But anyways, he told us that the greatest thing that has happened to him since he came to the U.S is when he met us. He recognizes the Spirit so well. He loves learning and he has brought many friends for us to teach too :)
  • We had the Washington DC South Mission Sisters Conference this week. It was soooo great to see all my old companions and to learn from President and Sister Riggs. They talked about the power that us Sisters have. I loved this quote: “The man holds the Priesthood, performs the priestly duties of the Church, but his wife enjoys with him every other privilege derived from the possession of the Priesthood. This is made clear, as an example, in the Temple service of the Church. The ordinances of the Temple are distinctly of Priesthood character, yet women have access to all of them” (Priesthood and Church Government [1965], 83). It makes me so happy to know that I do have access to all the blessings from the priesthood :)
  • Stake Conference was yesterday and it was broadcasted in our church building. We had three Chinese investigators come. But Stake Conf. was not what I thought it would be. We were having major technical difficulties and I was having a hard time understanding what any one was saying. We had two people from the quorum of 70 come. I had so much anxiety about it the whole time. I passed out mints to keep them awake. I was praying so hard that it would start to work and that it would be okay. I was sad when it didn't for the whole two hours. And I was worried why Heavenly Father didn't help. However; afterward, I told my investigators how sorry I was. They each replied saying that they couldn't understand a word, but that they felt very peaceful throughout. They felt the Spirit. So I learned that Heavenly Father did indeed answer my prayer, but that it was just different than what I thought. They are all looking forward to coming to church next week :)
I hope that each of you have a great week, full of costumes and treats (and maybe some tricks;)).
Love you,
Sister Kiana Lindmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment