Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another Great Week in Oak Marr

Sorry for the late email!!! Once again, DC shuts down due to some snow! But the kids love it because they don't have school! Sister Olson and I loved it because I tracted all night last night in our apartment complex and met some really amazing people! We tried something a bit different last night! We said that we are your neighbors and trying to get to know everyone! That worked really well and a lot of people let us in. We also said that "today we are singing a song to everyone" and then we would sing either I am a Child of God or Families Can be Together Forever. It was so much fun! I really do love tracting because there is a different story behind every door :)
We had two exchanges last week so we were really busy! I went with Sister Call for 24 hours and then Sister Kartchner came with me for 24 hours. At the beginning of my mission; I looked up so much to the older missionaries. It is terrifying being that older missionary. It is also extremely humbling. I feel really inadequate being a Sister Training Leader, but I love it! I love learning from all the Sisters. Today to Thursday, we are doing back to back exchanges.
On Thursday, all my dreams are coming true... We are getting Ipads!!!!! I am so excited that I have been struggling to sleep, because I keep thinking about how much more ORGANIZED we are going to be! It makes me so happy! When I talk to you next week, I will have my ipad and I will tell you all about it!!!
My back is getting stronger! This morning, I even ran one and a half miles; which is like nothing! But it is more than I have ran in a long time. It is really exciting! I am trying to get back in shape; so that I can keep up with everyone when I get home ;)
Sunday was fast and Testimony Meeting! Greg Mercer is a less-active member who was baptized when he was 18 and then never came to church. His daughters, Elsa (11yrs) and Nina (9yrs) are investigating the Church! They are so funny! At Church on Sunday, Greg decided he wanted to add a comment in Sacrament Meeting so he raised his hand so that he could speak; It was funny, but he didn't speak. He also came to Relief Society because he wanted to know what his daughters are getting themselves into. He loved it so much that he wants to come every week to Relief Society...


Hope you have a great week!
Love,

Sister Kiana Lindmeir
3202 Arrowhead Circle #E
Fairfax, VA 22030

No comments:

Post a Comment