Monday, May 19, 2014

Wisdom from Elder Ballard!!!

Hey guys!!! I hope you all had an amazing week! I did! And I know I probably always say that, but it was amazing! Here are some of the Highlights...
 
  • We had a Tri-mission Conference where Elder Ballard came to DC and spoke to our mission, Baltimore and DC North mission!!! It was at the stake center right next to the DC Temple and it was great! Elder Wong and Elder Clayton from the 70 were also there and they said great things! Elder Ballard said that if we want to baptize more people, we need to Talk to more people. He is so BOLD and honest! I love it! He also said that whenever we feel down or discouraged, think of Gethsemane - think of the Savior. elder Ballard said that we should carry a picture of Christ with us so that we always remember that. That is something that I have been doing and I want to invite all of you to do the same thing - to carry a picture of Christ with you! Anyone need one? The conference was amazing and it was great to see our whole mission all together too!
  • We met with Rose Murphy 3 times this week and it was great! We had Family Home Evening in a members home and rose' kids loved it! We also had a Followup lesson at her home on Wednesday. On Saturday, she brought her 3 kids to the church for a church tour and they loved it! They are already sold! We even showed them the Baptismal Font and the kids were saying that they wanted to get baptized! They couldn't come to church on Sunday, but for sure next week!
  • We met Jonette this week while she was cleaning out her car (Which is funny, because that is how we met Rose as well!). She was so kind and we got to know her and then just started teaching her the Restoration. It was amazing and she agreed to have a lesson with us. Last night we met with her and brought a member with us! It went so well and the Spirit was so strong. Jonette told us that she has no idea why she said "yes" to meeting with us, because she has said no before to missionaries. She said that she is just going to have to learn more and read the Book of Mormon to find out why she said "yes." She is great!
  • We received a referral from Church Headquarters, Edward. We had his address so we stopped by yesterday (5/18) and he was working on his beautiful new car and was surrounded by all his neighbor men that had to come check his car out! I don't know if this neighborhood was just very friendly and open or they were just friendly because they were looking at the beautiful car, but we talked to so many of them! And they are willing to meet with us again! So that was a miracle! And then we are talking with Edward and find out he is actually a member of the church. Converted about 7 years ago! He moved from another ward and his records must of got lost. And missionaries have NEVER stopped by, so we are going to have to tract out that neighborhood :). But Edward was so great and he wants us to teach his girlfriend, Jennifer. We went in to meet Jennifer and she is the sweetest women! We have a return appointment for Wednesday and I will let you know how it goes! In that whole experience, I just knew that a higher being was in charge. And that he wanted us to see the fruits of our labors. We are working so hard and it is great to see great things like that happen.
  • I went on two Exchanges this week... 1st- I stay in Oak Marr with Sister Schooley. She is from Kaysville, but lives really close to us. She lives in between the neighboring churches on flint (do you know what I am talking about?). But it was great to get to know her. She is such a sweetheart and we had a great exchange! 2nd - I went to Chantilly with Sister Stewart. She has been out only about 2 months and she is so humble and kind! We had a great exchange and even went running outside in the morning. It has been a while since I have done that, but it felt real good! I am out of shape though!  Now all of you have to promise that you can't make fun of how "out of shape" I am when I get home. K?
To Mom, Dad, Shivani and Gabe and whoever else would like to know... When I skyped, I invited you to do something this week to bring either someone else or yourself closer to Christ and then to share your experience with me. How did it go? Or did you forget?
 
To Everyone: There is a talk called, "His Grace is sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. It is on Youtube and I want to invite all of you to watch it! I know it will help you in ALL that you do!!! You will love it
 
And I will follow-up next week with how it went :)
 
Have an amazing week!!!
 
Love,
 
Sister Kiana Lindmeir

3202 Arrowhead Circle #E
Fairfax, VA 22030
  

No comments:

Post a Comment