Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sister Kiana Lindmeir

Hi Everyone! A lot has happened this week so here is a play by play of my week!
 
Monday: In the evening, we checked Hao Yu. We met him about a month ago, but we couldn't go in because there was no women home. We kind of forgot about him and when we stopped by on Monday, he said "I thought you forgot about me!" Apparently he told his Sister all about us and that we would come back soon. I felt so bad about it, but so grateful that we stopped by again. He is 18 years old and is from China. Him and his Sister live together and their parents are still in China. His English is not very good, so we didn't teach much, but only enough that he could feel the Spirit. His Sister made some food for us and I ate some chicken. I though I had food poisening because I felt so sick afterward. 
 
Tuesday: Happy April Fools! Any exciting jokes that you need to Report on???
 
Wednesday: Everyday, we spend about an hour transferring information from the Areabook (information about people missionaries have ever taught in the Oakmarr Ward) into our IPADs. We have a big areabook and so it will take a while to update things. However, we just discovered that we can use Siri to just say the information out loud! It is amazing! I love Technology.  
 
Thursday: I was feeling stomach sick all week, but I woke up at 1pm very sick! I sat on our couch for 3 hours. Finally, I prayed to Heavenly to just let me throw up so that I could feel better. As soon as I said the words, I ran to the bathroom and threw up quite a few times. Sorry for that nasty story, but I love it because Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers! And I have the best companion ever! Sister Kraemer came into the bathroom and cleaned me up. It was the sweetest thing ever! I love her sooooo much!
 
I was feeling sick almost all day, but there was MLC(Missionary Leadership Council) and I really wanted to go!!!!! It is an all day thing so we did a split with the Sisters in our complex and Sister Kraemer left in the morning and I went in the afternoon. MLC was amazing! President Riggs is so inspired because a lot of the things talked about in MLC were talked about in General Conference.
 
Friday: Happy Birthday Mom!!!! I hope it was amazing! We had a pass-off lesson for Hao to be taught by the Chinese missionaries and it went great! He is going to get baptized soon!
 
Saturday: My Last General Conference on the mission!!! So sad! General Conference will probably never be the same. But it was definitely amazing! I loved President Eyring's talk when he said, "You hold in your hands the happiness of more people than you can now imagine." It is so true! I have been able to see that as a missionary! We have the knowledge of how to obtain neverending happiness. And we have the responsibility to share that with everyone!
 
Sunday: Happy Birthday Jesus!!!! Conference was incredible and I didn't want it to end. I love each of the messages and the things that were taught! 
 
Love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Sister Kiana Lindmeir
3202 Arrowhead Circle #E
Fairfax, VA 22030
 

No comments:

Post a Comment