Monday, April 28, 2014

I Feel My Savior's Love! Sister Kiana Lindmeir

Hey Guys! I Hope you all are doing great! I sure am! I had an amazing week! Here are some exciting things!
In my Friday morning studies, I felt impressed to study from the Relief Society book called, "Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society." Normally, I only focus on studying Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon, but I felt I needed to study from this book. As I was scrolling through chapters, I noticed the Chapter called "Blessings of the Priesthood for All". I started to read it and found it so comforting to know how important my role as a women is!
So that evening, we had a lesson with a less-active member, Mary Beth, and she brought up how she is so frustrated with the church because she is not allowed to have the Priesthood! What?! Good thing I was prompted to study about that that very morning!
I shared some of what I read and bore testimony of it! Here is some things I shared:
"All Heavenly Father’s sons and daughters are equally blessed as they draw upon the power of the priesthood."
In a general conference address, Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught: “While we sometimes refer to priesthood holders as ‘the priesthood,’ we must never forget that the priesthood is not owned by or embodied in those who hold it. It is held in a sacred trust to be used for the benefit of men, women, and children alike.” Elder Oaks then quoted Elder John A. Widtsoe, who also served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve: “Men have no greater claim than women upon the blessings that issue from the Priesthood and accompany its possession.”
Saturday, we had a lesson with a less-active member. She is going through A LOT and she has a lot of addictions. She doesn't understand why God would put her through so much and she thinks she is going to hell.
While talking to her, I started to relate life to running. I am grateful for the Spirit for filling my mouth with words as I spoke to her. While relating life to running, I brought up how sometimes in races,  I have "hit a wall"; which means that my body was giving out. It would cause me to think about giving up or quitting. People would be passing me left and right and it was almost like I was running in slow motion. It was awful! But I wouldn't quit! There are so many people in this world that have "hit a wall". They have had every kind of trial and affliction come at them. They may have thoughts of quitting or giving up. Some people do give up and some know that it will be hard, but they won't stop. I told the less-active member that she may just have to move one foot in front of the other, but that Heavenly Father is so proud of her. He wants her to finish the race and to return back to him! I know that this is true! When life is hard, we need to remind ourself that our earth life is so short compared to Eternity!
So this week is transfers! Please hold the mail in case I get transferred! I will let you know next week how it goes :)
Have a great week and I love you!
Sister Kiana Lindmeir

3202 Arrowhead Circle #E
Fairfax, VA 22030

No comments:

Post a Comment