Monday, September 16, 2013

Sister Kiana Lindmeir: Here is a great email to make up for the lack of emails :)

Hello Team Sister Lindmeir,
 
How are you all doing? It has been great to hear from all of you and I promise if I have not wrote you, I will.
 
Two weeks ago, we went to the DC Temple on Pday. It was a great experience and we spent some time afterward making a video for Zone Training. We were in it and it is super cheesy, but I love it.
 
Last week, we went to DC on Pday. My companions are leaving this mission soon and so that is why we crammed it all in. But anyways... We went to the Holocaust museum and oh my! It was really hard to see some of the things in there, but it was very eye opening. It was also very comforting to know of the Plan of Salvation. And especially to know that all of those little kids that died went straight up to the Celestial Kingdom and that they live with Heavenly Father and are happy. I sent home a postcard, Did you (mom) get it?
 
We also went to the Pentagon because a guy in my ward works there and gave us a tour. It really is a mini City. It is so huge in there and a person would never have to leave because there are stores and all sorts of food places.
 
We saw the "Changing of the Guards" near the Arlington Cemetary which we went through as well. I forgot to bring my camera to library but there will be many pictures next week :)
 
For more exciting news... We went to the Nationals Game on Friday!!! I was shocked to hear that we would be going from President Riggs, but so excited to!!! It was soooo much fun!  It was great to see all my missionary friends/old companions that I never get to see! Bad news is that we did'nt get home until 1:30am and had to wake up at 6:30am the next day. I am still suffering from lack of sleep and I am still not sure if it was worth it... But all is well.
 
Rolling Valley has been STRUGGLING this past couple weeks. Our Investigators once again are having committal issues and no one is agreeing to set up appointments. We are hoping it will get better and that this is just temporary due to school just starting.
 
But I do have to tell you about the greatest family ever that we met last week. They are from Bolivia. They have three kids. She is so cute and gets so excited when we come by. We had a church tour with her and taught them the Restoration on Saturday. The Spirit was so strong and they both agreed to baptism when they know it is true. We had FHE planned for them tonight but were just informed that it won't work tonight. But we will reschedule with them :). Satan just works hard in this area because he knows how great the people are out here and he does not want them to join Christ's Church. But don't worry, I won't let Satan win ;)
 
Yesterday, we had Stake Conference and President Riggs spoke about PR's(Personal Record) and I got so excited because I could relate. He talked about how we are all at different levels in missionary work and that all we need to do is reach our own PR in missionary work. I thought about what he said a lot and realized that I should not be comparing myself with other missionaries and wishing that I spoke as good as this one, or was as smart as that one. I just need to continually progress and be an improved "Sister Lindmeir" each day. I hope that each of you will do this same thing. It does not have to be with missionary work, but stop comparing yourself to others! And start reaching your own PR's each day. Allow the atonement of Jesus Christ to change you and to shape you. Let Christ's Grace strengthen you and enable you to be more than you could be on your own. I know that through the atonement I have been strengthened to be more than I could be on my own. The Savior loves me and he loves each of you. I love each of you to! 
 
Thank you for your letters and emails; they mean so much to me!!!
 
Love you!!!
 
Sister Kiana Lindmeir
 
6302 Tall Trees Ln. #T1
Springfield, VA 22152
 
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment