Monday, October 13, 2014

DEJAVU!!!Sister Lindmeir

It was really weird on wednesday to come back to the area that i first served in. I was a little nervous, but excited to come into this area and give everything i have to the ward and people when beforehand i couldn't because i was so new and didn't know what i was doing. Nervous only because do you all remember when i was haunted at the place i was living in my first area? remember how i couldn't sleep for my first two weeks and i would hear the creepiest things and one night i just woke up screaming?! well, don't worry. i don't know if it is just is not haunted anymore or if i am just to tired to be woken up, because i sleep like a baby! :)  don't worry the place is now blessed and all that good jazz so you don't have to worry about me, oh and MOM sent me a night light if i ever get scared so don't worry haha :)

It has been so weird driving around and seeing so many familiar things. On Sunday i was suprized to see that there were a handful of members that recognized me and one of them ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug and said i am so glad you are back! it is cool that even when we think we don't do much or leave an impact, we do. When i walked into church i also saw one of the ladies that i taught a year ago. Good old Patty Hendon! she is baptized now and it was amazing to see her and how she is such a strong member in the church. She has changed so much and it goes to show no effort is ever wasted. She had been taught by missionaries for 12 years and she got baptized just 6 months ago. she is awesome!

It has been cool to drive around and try some of the people that i used to teach. We tried this girl named Lilly that i we taught a year ago. When we knocked on the door and when Lilly saw my face she was so happy and excited! She told us that nobody had seen her in almost a year and she didn't know why because she loved all the lessons so much and the Book of Mormon. She was so sad when the missionaries stopped coming by. We are going to start teaching her now again though. She is just so great and loves God so much!

I love this area and i feel like it has so much potential. We really feel like God has a great vision for this area and we are trying to see his vision. The area is kind of dead right now, so i am so excited to help build it up! I have been praying a lot and have been brain storming some ideas of how we can help this area pick up and build up our teaching pool. Members are the key and we look forward to working with them closely, and going out finding those that God is preparing for his gospel. One thing that i have learned so much with all the areas that i have served in id faith is the key! This is one of my favorite scriptures ever!   "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." 2 Nephi 27:23 
I know that this scripture is so true that as we have faith in the Lord and as we do everything we can, he will show unto us miracles! He truely is all powerful and can do anything. I am glad to be back in this area and I really like my new companion her name is Sister Jessee. She is from Riverton Utah and she is just a sweet heart and i feel like we are going to work really well together!

i love you all! Love Sister Lindmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment