Monday, December 2, 2013

Merry Winter!!!

Hello Team!
I hope your Thanksgiving was amazing. And that is was full of gratitude and food :). Mine was amazing! We spent it at our Bishop's House! It was fun to be in a family setting, Especially since I have been in a Singles ward for a few months! But I loved it! It is great to focus more on the meaning of thanksgiving than to focus on Black Friday shopping (although I did really miss it this year). We also dropped of Thanksgiving Dinner to Semmi and Star. They locked themselves in their apartment most the week to study for finals. I really admire them for their diligence!!! It was their first Thanksgiving Dinner and I think that they enjoyed it!
The rest of this week was a bit dead considering that all of our members and investigators traveled or went home for the holidays. We did have one short lesson with Star. We read the Book of Mormon with him. He said the most beautiful prayer ever! He asked that Sister Clegg and I have peace in our hearts because we couldn't be with our family for Thanksgiving. Isn't that the sweetest?! Yesterday in Church he received a blessing for his finals. He is very stressed right now. After the blessing, he had tears in his eyes and said "I feel peaceful now and I know that Heavenly Father will help me". It was great!

We also were able to go to the Temple Visitors Center with Nicole and it was amazing! We taught her the Word of Wisdom. She agreed with most of it, but is not sure that Joseph Smith is a prophet. In the Visitor's Center, she watched the new Joseph Smith Movie and she loved it. I love it every time I watch it! It is amazing! She felt the Spirit so strong and is feeling good about December 21st as a baptism date. Sadly she is kind of on a time crunch because she is moving to the Middle East in January and there won't be missionaries there. But we are hopeful that she will get baptized before then. She checked to make sure there is a church where she is moving to and there is :). She came to church yesterday and loved it!
I found out we are not getting Ipads until January and I am a bit sad about that. Also, transfers are the 19th of December. I kind of have this feeling that I am leaving but I am not sure. Around that time please remember to send things to the mission address (5242 Lyngate Ct. Burke, Va 22015).
I am so excited to watch and listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak at the
First Presidency Christmas Devotional this Sunday. I would encourage all of you do watch it as well! It should be amazing!!! Have a wonderful week!!!
Love,
Sister Lindmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment