Monday, August 26, 2013

It feels sooooo good to be back!!!!

Hello Team Sister Lindmeir,
 
 It has been way toooo long, but I am so very grateful to be back here in Northern Virginia. And to be back in Rolling Valley. That is right; I feel like I never even left. It is so great!!! I love serving others and getting back into the groove of things.  My companions are Sister Magaoay and Sister Nowels. Sister Magaoay is from Hawaii, but is a temple square missionary. She will be here until October than she will go back to SLC. She converted to the church about 5 years ago and so she is 24 years old. We are team training Sister Nowels, who is waiting for a visa to Brazil. She is from Spokane Washington and is 22 years old. So I am the baby of the tripanionship, but it is great!!!
 
A lot has changed in Rolling Valley since I was last here. But I know the Ward and I know the area so I am still a help. We are all new to the investigators and so we are trying to figure out everything that Sister Dickson and Sainsbury did before they left. 
 
We visited Gus and Geocanda on Saturday night. Gus gave me a hug, he was really excited to see me. I told him he couldn't hug me but it was still so great to see them. We talked about the Book of Mormon and about BAPTISM. We invited them to church and they came on Sunday!!! It was so great!!! That was the first time Gus came in a really long time!!!
 
Raymond (the man I met just before I left for Utah), is still meeting with us and has decided he wants his whole family to learn together. His wife and daughter can be baptized and so we will continue to teach and prepare them for this big step in their life.
 
It was fun to go to church yesterday and see all the people the members that I missed so much. I was so happy to see all of them. I felt like a celebrity yesterday at church, but I loved it!!!
 
That is so scary about the hail storm. I can't believe I just barely missed that. Was everyone okay? Did it do worse damage elsewhere? Was the storm everywhere in Utah or just Layton?
 
Well Love you all and I will talk to you next week!
 
Love,
 
Sister Kiana Lindmeir
 
PS. My new address for the next 6 Weeks is: 6302 Tall Trees Lane #T1 Springfield, VA 22152. Please write me!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Autumn is coming to Virginia! It was my favorite time to be there. It is so beautiful.

    You are in our prayers. I hope you are getting to feel better. We love you.

    Love, The Moores
    Steph, Jeff, Meg, Maddie, Hunter

    ReplyDelete