Monday, March 25, 2013

Love you all!!!

Mom, when I emailed you last week, I still had not tried on the clothes. There is one skirt that is too small but everything else fits perfectly! Thank you Thank you!!! I am looking forward to my Easter box and it will be hard, but I will wait until Sunday to open it :)

Sounds like a great week for Marcus. Incredible in the mile and 800m. MIND BLOWN! Any colleges trying to recruit him? what about USU. Also that is great that he did the Book of Mormon read a thon. Those are pretty popular out here. Did he get through the whole Book of Mormon. So exciting that his papers are in. I bet that will be a great Bday present. 

It is very exciting that Waverli is just about done with her papers too! And about Grandma... Maybe her papers did not make it. I heard that happens sometimes. You should have her call and make sure if she has not already done so. What about Teryn's mission call?

Sounds like the house is crazy right now. I am kinda glad those couches are no longer there. That will be fun to pick out some new couches!! 

I just went onto dropbox and there are no photo's on there! Do you know why?!!! I am really hoping you saved all those photos. You can get pictures on dropbox, but what I really want is a million pictures in hard copy. My companions all have albums with a lot of pictures and I want to show them pictures too! Not sure if I can see videos but I am pretty sure I can :)

Dad, Thinking of you too :) I hope you telling the bishop that Marcus can go international was a good idea

Well, here is a little bit about how my week went...

I went to teach a recent convert mother on Tuesday. One of her children, Dylan is 7 years old and very hyper. He always gives me hugs when he see's me. During the lesson, he jumped on my lap and gave me a big kiss. I had to work pretty hard to get him off of me. I had to explain to him that he can't do that. But anyways it was pretty funny, but I just don't want to get in trouble. 

We got two new investigators this week and they both dropped us this week too! They were both non denomenational Christians. One of them was very nice but her husband told us we could not meet with her after the first lesson. The other one, Wesley let us teach the first lesson but when we came back to teach the 2nd lesson, he said that we were wrong and that we will go to hell if we do not change our ways right away. Both of them said that we were not Christian. But of coarse I know we are :)

We got a call from a women named Mary (age 50ish) that had received a pass a long card from the missionaries about 2 years ago. She asked me if we could give her advice on how to know who the right mate is for her. I told her we can't do that, but that we would love to share a message with her about how much Heavenly Father loves her and about Jesus Christ.  She agreed and within 10 minutes we had a lesson at the church. She is great! We still heard her whole life story but then we were able to discern her needs and help her. She believes that everything that happens is from God and that she needs to pray before making any decision. We took her to the chapel and talked in there. We also said a prayer. The spirit was so strong it was incredible. She recognized it and wants to feel it all the time. We are doing service for her on Wednesday :)

We had Zone Conference this week and the stake president came and talked to us. He gave us a message he wants us to share with each family in the ward. It talks about how we need to find families to teach and not just one person. Convert families are a lot stronger because they have each other. We have already shared the message with a few families but we have a lot more to go. I know that this is going to impact our religion. We then often ask families "Has the Lord revealed any way that we as missionaries can serve you, your family, your friends or your neighbors?" This question has worked incredibly. And then we ask them to pray for revelation and that we will follow up soon. 

We went to the temple on Saturday with John and Carrie. I can't remember if I have wrote about them before, but they are just great. John is a convert of 7 years but has just recently started to go to church. Carrie is an investigator. We watched the Joseph Smith Movie at the temple visitor's center and then we went into the front area of the temple. It is so beautiful. Which reminds me... We are going to the temple next Monday so Pday will be next Wednesday. I will write you then. 

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting, the focus was on families. It has been brought up a lot this week. And it makes me think how grateful I am to be able to bring families to the Gospel and allow them to be together for eternity. 

This past week, we worked very hard again. But this time it paid off a lot more. Our numbers are dramatically increasing and I can't wait to see what we do in the future. 

So us missionaries have a new kind of Christmas coming up April 6th and 7th and it is called General Conference. I am seriously so excited to hear from Conference and to learn so much!!! I am especially excited to receive my own revelation. I hope you are all excited too! Here is something I would like all of you to do: Prayerfully seek guidence for questions or concerns you have. Write them down and prayerfully listen for your answer in Conference. You will get an answer if you do those things

Have a good week and I love you all very much!

Sister Lindmeir



No comments:

Post a Comment