Monday, February 4, 2013

My Mission update: 1/28/13 - 2/4/13

Hello Everyone!!!
I have not heard from anyone this week so I am hoping all is well at home!! So the good news is that I made it to Virginia safely! The plan ride was a little shaky and made me very sick, but that was okay!!! I met President Riggs afterwards and his wife! They are so nice and welcoming!!! We then headed out to The mission home where all 25 of us missionaries would sleep! It was pretty crowded but it worked out!! There was a testimony meeting that night and an interview with the President! Both went well, I think.
Thursday morning we went to a church building in Centreville for a transfer meeting!! I saw Elder Kussee and he is actually in my zone! I was pretty anxious and nervous to find out who my trainer would be! But I am not worried anymore! My trainer/companion is Sister Anderson! She is from SLC and she is an amazing missionary! We are in the Gainseville Ward in the Centreville Stake! I love it here! Our apartment is so nice too! It is the nicest one in the mission! Super high ceilings, walk in closets, big kitchen and living room. Includes and exercise gym, computer room with free prints. I don't ever want to leave this area.

So There are actually a lot of Mormons in our small area which makes the mission really fun! We get to work with members a lot and I already love them! Yesterday in church, I got up and introduced myself and shared my testimony in testimony meeting. The whole time at church, I felt like a celebrity; it was awesome! Everybody loves the missionaries! They love to feed us too! The first night, we had dinner at the Mao's home! They are Cambodian and I think they speak English, but I am not quite sure haha!! So we walk in for dinner and there were only two plates set! We asked them why and they said they were not eating with us. So we sat down and she pulled out all of this Cambodian food! There were egg rolls, Fried rice, curry and for dessert, grapes. It was so funny to just have them stand there and watch us eat but I loved it! We didn't really know what they were saying so we would just pretend we did. We laughed when she did and said like "oh cool", "hmmm" and "wow". It was great! And then walked around her whole house as she told us about her family. She was very proud of her kids and grandkids, they are all beautiful!
We have been spending a lot of the past few days meeting people and getting to know them. Sister Anderson has been in this area for quite a while and she only has 5 weeks left so she is a great missionary! I have been trying to learn all I can because I only get 5 weeks with her. So far it has been great though! We have had a few lessons the have gone well. I thought I would be nervous teaching, but I am actually been very calm. I love teaching and sharing my testimony with others. It is exciting to  know that I can change lives and be an example for others. Sister Anderson say's that I am doing a great job so far and she is always so good at giving me ways to improve (I always ask for advice).
On Saturday, I got the awesome opportunity to attend the baptism of Rob. Who is a former investigator of Sister Anderson's. He got a ride from a member to go to Alexandria for the baptism and it was amazing! It makes me look forward to when I attend the baptisms of my own investigators. Later Saturday night, we went tracting for the first time! I learned there are usually just three types of houses you get to: 1) Person answers and says they speak no English even though you know they do. 2) Person turns off lights and acts like their not home. 3) Or person is really not home. So from this, I became even more grateful that a lot of our work is done through the members.
Last night was hard because most people were watching the super bowl. We tried to meet with some people but it did not work out. We ended up going to a members home during half time and eating some food! It was fun but not a very productive night.


Well, That's all folks! Sorry for all the grammar mistakes and such but I don't have time to fix them! I love you all very much!!!

Love,
Sister Lindmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment