Monday, June 24, 2013

Sister Kiana Lindmeir Happy July!

Hi Team Lindmeir,
I hope that you are all doing well and that you have kept your mind on missionary work. I told you that I would follow up on your commitment to write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it to someone you prayed about.  Any missionary experiences you would like to share?
I am doing really well right now. In case you are worried about my back... It is doing great! I was upset that I thought I was going to have to come home for PT, but I am so grateful I can stay on my mission. This is where the Lord needs me. I am on medicine right now and I am have PT later today. And it should go great!
Sister Dickson got a little homesick this week. I used the scriptures as a source to help her with her homesickness. I thought of Marcus and Waverli and thought D&C 31 would be a good one to share. Section 100 is also one that I love because it talks about going to the Eastern Land (Aka. DC)
 "Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends [Waverli and Marcus], your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power. [Waverli, my daughter], blessed are you because of your faith in my work. [Marcus], my son, blessed are you because of your faith in my work. 
  Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family... and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.
 Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare Glad tidings of great joy unto this generation...
 Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them.
 Yea, I will open the hearts of the people, and they will receive you. And I will establish a church by your hand;
 And you shall strengthen them and prepare them against the time when they shall be gathered.
 Be patient in afflictions, revile not against those that revile. Govern your house in meekness, and be steadfast.
 Go your way whithersoever I will, and it shall be given you by the Comforter what you shall do and whither you shall go.
 Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward.
 Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen."
 We had a whole mission Conference this week. I only had to say goodbye to Sister Mannchen; which was really sad. But she is happy to go and serve in the Richmond,VA mission. We got a missionary yearbook with all the missionaries and their first names! I love it.
We had exchanges this week. I went with Sister Jeppsen, my Sister Training Leader and I served in her YSA ward. I loved it and I learned a lot. There was no food I could eat at their appt. so we went and got some Thai food and it was really good. I had mango sticky rice.. yummy!
Mary (the women with Parkinson's) went to church yesterday. She really liked it and we enjoyed having her with us. We taught her the Plan of Salvation last night. She didn't believe it was true. I asked her that "if it is true, how would that change how you live your life?" She started crying and the spirit was so strong. She said that would change everything. I know that what she really loved was knowing that her body will be in its perfect form at the resurrection and for eternity. Although she does'nt have the perfect body; she will be so blessed for enduring her trials well. (D&C 121:7-8).
That is all for me. Thanks for all your love and prayers.
Love,
Sister Lindmeir


No comments:

Post a Comment