Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A whole bunch of random good!

A lot has happened in the past week and I have learned a lot of great things! here is a very important lesson that I learned!

 I went on exchanges with a Sister missionary that has only been out in the field for like 2 months and when we went on exchanges the whole time she was just bragging about her area and how many people they have on date and how amazing they all are. There area is just booming! I was thinking a lot about it and I was wondering why I had never been in an area that we were getting baptisms left and right. I have always been put in dead areas and my companion and I work really hard and put all our trust in the lord and right when it starts getting really amazing and we have people on date and many investigators, I always get taken out. I was a little sad about not having as many baptisms as other missionaries especially when I saw this new Sister missionary having so much success and tons of baptisms. But then I was thinking about it a lot and I am so grateful that the  lord has put me into dead area where I had to really humble myself and turn to him. As great as these Sisters are that we went on exchanges with, they were really prideful, and they had quiet a bit of an ego.  God knew that If I was in areas like this my whole mission that I would be so prideful and that I wouldn't have to rely on him for his help and guidance. I am really grateful that the Lord has humbled me so much on my mission and I truly know I am so weak and I am nothing without him.

  the most amazing thing happened this morning!!!! So three weeks ago I got a text message from My mission president and he gave me special permission to call one of my old investigators from Moxee and terrace heights, Mandy Morgan. He gave me permission because he met her and her recently baptized husband Jarred at church and they had just barely moved to Kennewick, from moxee.   He wanted to make sure I had her knew address so I could write her and keep encouraging her to take the lessons. So when I called her 3 weeks ago she told me that she lived right by the temple. I told her that I was going to the temple on the 24th and that she could stop by and say hi if she wanted to! When I was in the temple today praying, i was asking Heavenly Father if I am doing enough and even making a difference.   I have been Struggling I guess a little bit lately with just wanting to make sure that I am the missionary that Heavenly Father wants me to be and making sure I am giving everything I have to him. When I walked out of the temple I hear someone yell my name, and it was Mandy! she came just running to me and we just embraced! I didn't think she was going to come and when I was talking to her I knew that it was an answer to my prayers that even though I don't have the most baptisms and I am not the best at teaching and I have so many weaknesses, that I am still making a difference. it made me think of this scripture: " And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentence unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my father!" I know this scripture is true. There is something so special about Mandy and I knew That when I first met her, we knew each other in pre-mortal life! She is still not baptized but is taking the lessons.  I know she will be soon though.  When we were at the temple i saw the sweetest picture ever of Mandy and her husband getting sealed together forever with their little baby Carter. Her Husband Jarrad is a strong new member though and he has an awesome calling! and I know that he will help Mandy to know that she already knows the church is true and one day they will make it to the temple together. :)

 It has been an amazing day and week! Tons of miracles are happening and I am learning so much! love you all!
 love, Sister Lindmeir

No comments:

Post a Comment